This clutch features a great foundation paper-pieced exterior. Even if you have never paper pieced before, you will be able to navigate through this template. The clutch also features a recessed zipper and optional wrist strap. This pattern is scrap-friendly, so feel free to use up those small bits from your stash!
The pdf pattern includes 11 pages of sewing instructions, templates, and 23 color step-by-step photos.Click here to read more details about this sewing pattern, and to see photos of all the tester bags!
Finished Size: 12” long x 6-1/2” tall
Supplies Needed to Make this Clutch
- fabric for the exterior top band/bottom – 2 strips, each 12-1/2” x 2” (Exterior Top)
1 strip 11-1/2” x 2” (Exterior Bottom)
- fabric for the sun rays – 40 strips, each 2” x 8-1/2” (would be great from a jelly roll too!)
(total yardage required for sun rays – 3/4 yard, or 1/4 yard each of 3 different fabrics)
- fabric for the sun center – 4 rectangles, each 1-1/2” x 3”
- fat quarter of fabric for lining
- 3/4 yard Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing (or a lightweight fusible)
- 1/4 yard Pellon #809 Décor Bond
- 1/4 yard Pellon #TP971F Thermolam fusible interfacing (needled fleece fusible interfacing)
Check out my article on bag interfacing for a helpful Vilene conversion chart: http://www.sewsweetness.com/2012/05/all-about-bag-interfacing.htmlOptional: for the wrist strap, please add 1/2” metal d-ring and 1/2” long metal swivel clip
Copyright ©Sew Sweetness 2013Sewn items made from Sew Sweetness sewing patterns may be sold by the home sewist at craft fairs and on-line.